Monday 18 February 2013

Negotiated Infidelity

Throughout my 80 days in Borneo, there was a thing kept on bothering me, which I can't even bare to accept: negotiated infidelity. Not all of them involved in this but most men or women that I encountered with during my 80 days journey in Borneo practising it. Despite being married and making a commitment to one another, they are allowed to have sex with strangers. This is way beyond crazy for me to accept.
For months, I've been looking for a word to describe this kind of behaviour until Taboo was aired on National Geographic Channel. Yes, TABOO is the perfect word!
A taboo is a vehement prohibition of an action based on the belief that such behaviour is either too scared or too accursed for ordinary individuals to undertake which make it sacred or forbidden based on moral judgement and religious beliefs.

I am sure that everyone is vulnerable when your partner is meeting other people. Jealousy starts coming in, trust has been broken, your heart fills with frustration and then a fight...finally it may lead to separation or divorce. But this is not exactly how it happens there. They seem to be okay with it as long as basic responsibilities are been carry out such as providing money and food at home, taking care of children etc.

Weird? Spooky? Well, you judge it! : )

4 comments:

  1. hewwwwww~da mcm kat philippines plak aku rse..heheh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A'ah..gila kn????Cmne diorg leh idup cmtu. klo kita,sdgkn satu msg atau call dr prmpuan lain pun da jd issue kn..ini apatah lg.adoi..

      Delete
  2. hahah am has told me bout this concept! maka bagaimanakah hahaha

    ReplyDelete